How to Become a Real Estate Agent in Georgia
Are you interested in becoming a real estate agent in Georgia, but don’t know where to start? While it may seem daunting, there are specific, simple steps you can take to get your real estate license. As long as you’re committed to the process and willing to put in the effort, you can start selling houses in no time.
Before you begin your journey to becoming a real estate agent, there are a few minimum requirements you must meet.
Requirements for a Real Estate License
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a state criminal background check
If you meet the above conditions, the next step is to sign up for real estate classes. Because you have to pass a state exam in order to get your license, the real estate school you choose is vital to your success. Choose a school that is approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission and that offers the courses you need. Here’s a list of the requirements for obtaining your license:
- Take and pass a 75-hour Salesperson Pre-License Course
- Pass the classroom exam with a grade of 75 or above
- Pass the State Real Estate Exam with a grade of 75 or above
- Take and pass a Post-License Course within 12 months
- Renew your license every four years by completing 36 hours of Continuing Education classes
Getting Started on Your New Career
The above requirements may seem intense, but if you consider the amount of hours of real estate school compared to required schooling for other careers, you’re a step ahead of the majority. Not to mention, your return on investment is much greater with real estate than with many other areas of study. To get started with your new career, check out visit www.RERAcademy.com and Applied Management Professionals today!
Never. Stop. Growing.